Careers With Room To Grow
Levis Media is a Saskatoon based media company interested in building the big picture of how a smart media strategy actually works.
We strive for transparency - with our clients and with our employees - because we believe that open source is the best way to get the right solutions.
We don’t profess to be experts - we’re experienced students of strategy, of the psychology of good UX and of technology built to create solutions. We are ready to share our experience and knowledge with our employees, and to learn from their own experiences in marketing and multimedia.
That’s a whole lot of words to say we welcome ideas and want to hire people who love to share them.
We love creativity, but we love logic, too. Can you bridge both sides? Then come on in, sit down, and let’s have a chat.
But first, a few details on who we’re looking for at the moment.
Software Developer Position
As a primarily digital agency, we need a strong software engineer to contribute their skills to the company. We need someone who has experience with a range of web programming languages, as well as the desire to problem solve, troubleshoot and work with a team to deliver superior products to diverse clientele.
We don’t expect you to be an expert in all these areas when you walk in the door, but we want you to end up as one. Your greatest strength will be your enthusiasm to research, learn what you don’t know, and collaborate with a team to find creative solutions to a whole range of challenges.
- Object-oriented programming, preferably PHP 7+ or Python
- Server-side software development (Laravel or Django)
- Experience working with command line interfaces
- Experience with unit testing
- MySQL experience
- MVC frameworks and web-based development experience is required
- Candidates must have a strong competency with relational databases and be proficient in the development of SQL queries
- Experience with AngularJS and/or PHP CodeIgniter would be considered a strong asset
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years experience in a software development position
- Ability to work with closely with a team, meet with clients and communicate regularly about your projects.
- Good communication skills to assist your work with clients and other team members.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Well organized with an ability to work within deadlines with limited supervision.
If this sounds like a career opportunity that suits your personality, we want to hear from you! Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Compensation to be determined based on experience.